Leaders amplify the potential of their people and their business
Leaders amplify potential by enabling teams to achieve more. They do this through a more collaborative and coaching approach, rather than top-down management.
Their starting point however, is the future. Leaders are the drivers of vision and change, but also enablers of innovation and growth. They create an inspiring vision of the future, make sense of change, build a sense of possibility. They make new connections, bringing together diverse talent, activities and partners.
Elon Musk leads through inspiring vision. Jack Ma leads with cult following. Mark Parker leads with collaborative innovation. Mark Zuckerberg leads by doing stuff. Every leader leads a little differently, and leadership itself can be found at every level of the organization.
The 21st century business leader is different. Whilst past leaders won through hierarchy and power, the world has changed. Technology enables new ways of working, organization structures have inverted, and organisations win through collaboration inside and out. The old model was about 2C – command and control. The new model is about 4C – catalyst, coach, connector and communicator.
Changing the game starts with changing your brain.
Leadership is about the personal actions that drive business performance, individually and collectively. Whilst many thinkers address leadership as a distinctive capability, it is the cog that makes everything happen. Leadership cannot be developed in isolation, but in the context of business futures and actions.
Peter Fisk inspires leaders to think bigger, think different and think smarter. As a corporate leader or entrepreneur, innovation leader or market leader, he helps you to see things differently, to think different things. He works with you to make sense of change, to build winning leadership teams, and to then develop the plans, drive the innovation that will drive performance today and tomorrow.
Examples of recent clients include
- Deloitte: Making sense of change, to drive innovation and growth. Exploring the megatrends towards 2020, and how to embrace them in new and interesting ways.
- Lastminute: Building a digital business, inside and online, having acquired various business, and to grow as a leading online retailer across Europe.
- Raifeissen Bank: What is 21st century leadership? Working with the top 250 managers to understand their role in building a successful business, today and tomorrow.
- Skanska: How to be Market Makers, creating new markets together. Leaders rethinking their role, based around what they enable customers to do, and ways to win together.
- Time Warner: Developing innovative leaders for the digital world. In a convergent media markets, how to engage customers, form new partnerships, and drive value creation.
Explore more about leadership
- Article: The 10x Leader
- Article: Amplifying Potential
- Article: Are you the Einstein or Picasso of Business?
- Article: Moonshot Thinking
- Article: What will you do when you grow up? ..
- Book: “Gamechangers: Are you ready to change the world?“
- Book: “Business Genius: A more inspired approach to leadership”
- Keynote: “Inspiring Leadership that drives Innovation and Growth”
- Keynote: “9.58: The New Business Leaders”
- Workshop: “Gamechangers Program: Leading for smarter innovation and profitable growth”
- Workshop: “Inspiring Leadership … future, people and change“
- Workshop: “How to lead like Steve Jobs”
- Further reading: “What Matters Now“
- Further reading: “Dare Dream Do” by Whitney Johnson
- Further reading: “The Real Leadership Lessons of Steve Jobs“
- Further reading: “Only 8% of leaders are good at strategy and execution“
- Interesting video: “Amazon and CEO Jeff Bezos“
- Interesting video: “Baidu and CEO Robin Lee“
- Interesting video: “Chobani and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya“
- Interesting video: “Lego and CEO Jørgen Vig Knudstorp“
- Interesting video: “Moven and CEO Brett King“
- Interesting video: “Nike and founder Phil Knight“
- Interesting video: “Patagonia and CEO Yvon Chouinard“
- Interesting video: “Tesla and CEO Elon Musk“
- Interesting video: “Uber and CEO Travis Kalanick“