Spanish Gamechangers … inspired by Gaudi and Picasso, who are Spain’s most disruptive innovators today?
May 21, 2018
Download my keynote: Peter Fisk at MABS 2018
Spain is a land of diverse cultures that drives incredible creativity. From the humanistic forms of Antoni Gaudi and cubist renaissance of Picasso, to great cities like the rejuvenated Bilbao, the ready-baked clothes of Amancio Ortega to the cork-popping of Friexenet, the Spanish are natural lovers of innovation, and of life.
After a deep recession, triggered by the global financial crisis in 2008 and lasted until 2014, Spain is expected to soon become one of the fastest growing economies of the 28 countries in the Eurozone. Whilst this healthy economic outlook may come as a surprise to many of Spain’s so-called “mileuristas” (young, well-educated Spaniards who earn less than 1000 euros a month), and an unemployment rate of about one in four, there is definitely a mood of confidence, investment and innovation.
Madrid has become my second home in recent years, having taken on the role of professor of strategy and innovation at the IE Business School (recently voted Europe’s top business school by FT and Bloomberg). I lead the business school’s flagship program for senior executives – the Global Advanced Management Program – a 4 week accelerated preparation for the future business leaders. I also get to work with some of Spain’s most interesting companies, and their leaders.
This week I will be delivering the keynote at MABS Business Summit 2018, which has become Spain’s premier business event. I’ll be exploring what it takes to be a real “Gamechanger” in today’s hyperconnected, digitally-enabled world., inspired by some of the world’s most disruptive innovators, and also by more local ones too.
Bilbao … the city brand reinvented with a little help from Guggenheim
Camper … quirky shoes inspired by the peasant farmers of Majorca
Carto … enabling you to explore the insights underlying location data
Chupa Chups … Picasso branded lollipops sold in local bakeries
Desigual … bright distinctive clothing, but with naked days
EcoAlf … fabulous fashion made from recycled plastics … Case study
eDreams … the online travel agency with a high destination
Ferrovial … managing complex projects and customer experiences
Gïk Live! … blue wine for Instagram and cocktails … Case Study
Iberdrola … the world’s leading sustainable energy business
Inditex … fast fashion in multiple brands, Mango to Zara
LA Organic … Philippe Starck helps to rejuvenate Spanish olive oil
Lolea … fabulously branded, sangria packaged for wherever you are
Loewe … luxury clothing and accessories, party of LMVH
Moritz Factory … gourmet tapas and beer at affordable prices
Privalia … online fashion outlet with flash sales for members only
Wallapop … the mobile flea market, a Craigslist for millennials
Find out more about my programs at IE Business School in Madrid on strategy, innovation and marketing in Spain – inspired by local and global insights and ideas to lead your business for more profitable growth.
More of my recent blogs, insights and ideas:
- Exponential Business … how to grow faster with ideas, accelerators and multipliers
- Paper and Pixels … What’s the future of the business book?
- Changing the Game of Beauty … 3d printed Adore, vlogging Ipsy and wearable Vitaya
- Superhuman … will robots replace us, or make us better?
- Blockchain … from geeky Bitcoin technology, to a revolution in everyday processes
- Tesla’s Tipping Point … the clever strategy to drive growth in electric cars
- The New Rules of Marketing … growth hacking to social influencers and exponentials
- Learning for the 100 Year Life … nanodegrees in VR design and self-driving car engineering
- Accelerating Growth through Brand Innovation … Airbnb to Burberry, Xiaomi to Zara
- The Business Case for Big Data … 20 mind-changing facts and 6 practical stories
- The Pivot … the agility to change direction, from mediocrity to magic
And a bit more from me:
- Explore my 7 books, including my new book Gamechangers.
- Watch my latest videos, keynote speeches and interviews.
- Get inspired by 100 case studies, shaking up markets right now.
- Download 16 practical canvases, to help you make stuff happen.
- Book me as a keynote speaker, with insightful and inspiring talks..
- Download my recent presentations, leading innovation to being superhuman.
- Join one of the workshops, executive programs, or customised for your team.
- Hire me as a consultant, to stretch your thinking and facilitate your team.
- Read my latest blog updates, insights and ideas to inspire your thinking.
- Check out my next events, keynotes and workshops around the world
- Or simply contact me directly with any questions or to book me, right now!