Gamechangers Norway … from Antarctic superfood to gamified education, reinventing airlines and simplified telecoms
June 2, 2018
- Download my keynote: Gamechangers Norway
- Explore more about: Gamechangers Project
- Sign up: European Business Forum 2018
We live in an incredible time. More change in the next 10 years than in the last 250 years.
New technologies are transforming the ways in which we live and work. Technologies enable incredible change. It is how we unlock their potential that matters.
The most innovative businesses see the world differently.
They don’t just seek to imitate the success of others, to compete in the markets of today, to frame themselves by their relative differences to competitors. Instead they play their own game.
I call them “gamechangers”, and have spent the last 24 months running competitions around the world, to find and rank the world’s most innovative companies by sector and geography.
So what’s the “game”? Well, in simple terms, it’s the market.
These companies go beyond innovating their products and services, their customer experienes and business models. They seek to innovate how their markets work.
Think of it like a sports game. How could you change the game? It could be anything from the pitch dimensions to rules of play, the team composition to the measures of success, the role of the referee to the participation of fans. Even the name of the game.
Now look at today’s most disruptive innovators – 23andMe to Airbnb, Brewdog to Buzzfeed, Casper to Coursera – they reframe, reimagine and redefine the market on their terms – who is it for, why people buy, what they pay and get, and how they work.
So who are Norway’s potential “gamechangers”? And how will they reshape both domestic and global markets in which they are focused?
Aker BioMarine … harvesting krill, the superfood from Antarctica
Itera … the communication business “taking giant leaps”
Kahoot! … the game-based learning platform, now in over 180 countries
Norwegian Airlines … redefining long-haul low-cost air travel
Schibsted … international media group in 29 markets
DNV GL … the world’s largest classification society
OneCall … making telecoms cheap and easy
Sbanken … the largest internet bank in Scandinavia
Komplett … e-commerce company with nine webshops
Stormberg … innovative outdoor sports retailer
More of my recent blogs, insights and ideas:
- Exponential Business … how to grow faster with ideas, accelerators and multipliers
- Paper and Pixels … What’s the future of the business book?
- Changing the Game of Beauty … 3d printed Adore, vlogging Ipsy and wearable Vitaya
- Superhuman … will robots replace us, or make us better?
- Blockchain … from geeky Bitcoin technology, to a revolution in everyday processes
- Tesla’s Tipping Point … the clever strategy to drive growth in electric cars
- The New Rules of Marketing … growth hacking to social influencers and exponentials
- Learning for the 100 Year Life … nanodegrees in VR design and self-driving car engineering
- Accelerating Growth through Brand Innovation … Airbnb to Burberry, Xiaomi to Zara
- The Business Case for Big Data … 20 mind-changing facts and 6 practical stories
- The Pivot … the agility to change direction, from mediocrity to magic
And a bit more from me:
- Explore my 7 books, including my new book Gamechangers.
- Watch my latest videos, keynote speeches and interviews.
- Get inspired by 100 case studies, shaking up markets right now.
- Download 16 practical canvases, to help you make stuff happen.
- Book me as a keynote speaker, with insightful and inspiring talks..
- Download my recent presentations, leading innovation to being superhuman.
- Join one of the workshops, executive programs, or customised for your team.
- Hire me as a consultant, to stretch your thinking and facilitate your team.
- Read my latest blog updates, insights and ideas to inspire your thinking.
- Check out my next events, keynotes and workshops around the world
- Or simply contact me directly with any questions or to book me, right now!