New Global AMP at IE Business School
September 25, 2020 at IE Business School, Madrid, Spain (4 modules, liquid program, over 9 months)
The Global Advanced Management Program (Global AMP) is IE Business School’s flagship program for executives stepping up to lead the future of business.
It’s time for leaders to step up, to create a better future
It’s for leaders who are stepping up to become the next CEO, or maybe to join the C-suite, to run a business unit, or getting ready to do so. It’s for leaders who seek to be re-inspired, re-energised ready for an incredible future – to drive business-wide transformation, to reimagine their industry, to change the way their entire business and market works.
If you can see yourself leading your business into the future … if you can start to imagine a business of the future, beyond that currently imagined by your leaders and peers. … then this is for you.
New ideas for leaders to accelerate business recovery
The Global AMP is more relevant than ever, as the global Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted every market and business, demanding that leaders step up to think and act in new ways. As people around the world have shifted to digital technologies at home and work, we are likely to see an acceleration in new business models, new ways of working, and new lifestyles.
The pandemic has acting as a catalyst for innovation, not just to survive through crisis and uncertainty, but to adapt to a rapidly changing world. Indeed it is no surprise that 57% of companies are founded in a downturn, and most innovations are born out of crisis too. Now, more than ever is the time when business needs leaders with new mindsets, new skills, and who can combine advanced learning with simultaneous business transformation.
With a more liquid learning style, more accessible and convenient
To make the Global AMP program even more accessible, practical, and applied to the changing needs of you and your business, we have enhanced the format. It will now take on a much more liquid learning structure, so that you can continue to work, and accelerate your leadership development, during these uncertain yet important times. The program will combine online and physical formats over a longer period, enabling you to learn more, apply more, and get more practical value from the experience.
The content is entirely updated, anticipating the changing needs of business and its people as we emerge from crisis, and through the next decade – from the megatrends that drive global markets and intelligent technologies, to the convergence of markets and emergence of new business models, new ways of working and the challenges of leading for today, and tomorrow. The program takes on a more dynamic learning style, helping your to explore how to transform yourself and your business, for a world of rapid and continuous change.
Delivered by top business leaders, thinkers and experts
I will be joined by some of the world’s most inspiring and thoughtful faculty. This year it includes
- Jim Snabe, chairman of Siemens and Maersk, one of the world’s top leaders
- Tendayi Viki, a psychologist-based innovator, partner of Strategyzer
- Antonio Rodriguez Nieto, the world’s top project manager
- Joost Minaar, half of Corporate Rebels, all about making work more fun
- Bernard Marr, the world’s leading expert on big data, and more
- Verónica Reyero, anthropologist of a more human future.
They add to the existing IE team that includes
- Mark Esposito, leading futurist and AI pioneer
- Terence Tse, expert on the future of finance and healthcare
- Juan Carlos Pastor, leading on authentic leadership; media expert
- Marcos Cajina, on the neuroscience of emotional engagement
- Steven MacGregor, on executive fitness, and many more
In addition to exploring the very latest business ideas and theories, the program is highly personalised in two ways – a personal leadership coaching program helps you to make sense of your own strengths and style, and coaches work with you to develop this, to respond to the new needs, and to prepare to step up to business leadership – and a personal “Gamechanger” project in which we work with you over the entire duration of the program to help you develop your own blueprint for transforming the future of your business, or industry.
Starting in September 2020, or January 2021
Modules 1 and 3 will be online, built around a 4 hour session each Friday for 10 weeks. During these sessions we will bring together the best ideas from around the business world, with expert faculty, and also take you on “deep dives” into what is happening right now in some of the world’s leading businesses.
Modules 2 and 4 will be residential, one week in Segovia, a world heritage site in Spain, and one week in the capital, Madrid. These weeks will also feature leading faculty brought together from around the world, and also enable more time for group networking and collaboration with colleagues who typically come from many different industries and every part of the world. Week 4 concludes with your graduation at IE Business School.
There are two alternative start dates – September 2020 or January 2021 (for the online module 1), and both groups will then merge together in March 2021 (for the residential module 2, and all subsequent modules). This gives you the option of starting at a more gradual pace this year, or waiting until the new year, when we all hope to return to less unusual times).
Module 1 (Online, half-day Fridays): Sep 25th – Dec 19th, 2020
Module 2 (Residential- Segovia Campus): Mar 22th – 26th, 2021
Module 3 (Online, half-day Fridays): Apr 9th- Jun 19th, 2021
Module 4 (Residential- Madrid Campus): Jun 28th -Jul 3rd, 2021
We are really excited by this new format, and also by all the enhanced content for the program. There never has been a more urgent or important time for leaders to step up, to make sense of a changing world, and prepare to create a better future.
Find out more about the Global AMP at IE Business School
The program has been designed specifically to prepare current and future leaders, and their businesses, for the challenges which they face now and in the coming years. Focusing on leadership in a world of disruptive change, the Global AMP will help you understand the underlying trends driving the future which are already shaking up your industry, explore the threats and opportunities these bring, and respond accordingly.
Divided into 5 core academic modules, each designed and orchestrated by expert faculty, the program will lead you through the challenge of understanding mega-trends such as technological change, our role in a world where AI and robotics make many traditional jobs irrelevant, scarce physical resources and changing demographics.
How will you shape the new markets formed by these trends to the advantage of your business? Where will you focus, and how will you compete? How will you engage with the future customers – Asian, millennial, female – and those in markets that do not even exist today? What are your new business models to drive speed, agility and profitable growth?
Be the disrupter, not the disrupted.
The program focuses on devising new solutions, delivered by the right organisations and strategies, to succeed in such a brave new world. Energising and aligning the business to the strategic needs of the future will require that it becomes faster and more agile and we will learn how to use areas such as finance and operations, partnerships and networks, as levers for growth.
Most significantly, we will help you develop yourself as a leader of this dynamic world – to build a leadership platform, and exploit it skilfully to implement change that builds organisations that are themselves a source of competitive strength.
Alongside these academic modules, the program also includes practical application, with each participant developing a Gamechanger Project from they will create a blueprint for the future of their industry, a plan for how their business can reinvent itself, and define their own role in leading their company or division towards this future successfully.
Finally, the Leadership Development Plan helps each participant, along with an individual advisor, focus on their own specific strengths and weaknesses and actions that they can take to become an effective leader, and to sustain high personal and business performance.
The program builds on many of the ideas, techniques and approaches which are brought together in my new book, Business Recoded, which is published in December. It is all about having the courage to create a better future for you and your business.
With the support of over 30 expert faculty, brought together by IE Business School from around the world, the Global AMP is delivered over 4 modules. Unlike most other exec ed programs, we start from the context of the real world – a rapidly changing, complex and ambiguous world of incredible change. We start from the future in module 1, and then work towards the implications for action today in module 4. This immerses participants in the future world, which they will lead and shape.
Module 1: Future Lab … Worldchanging ideas
Making sense of change, exploring megatrends and their implications for business, today and tomorrow, and making better choices for your future direction, are all essential to successful leadership. The rise of emerging markets, new technologies and next-generation audiences is accompanied by the increasing scarcity of resources, social fragmentation and climate change. The Fourth Industrial Revolution heralds a new era for business and society, from digitalization and automation to 3D printing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and robotics.
- Rocket ships: How will you lead the future, shape it in your own vision, and take your business on an uncertain journey towards a better tomorrow?
- Exponential technologies: Harnessing the potential of new capabilities, from digital and big data to biotech and nanotech as well as AI and robotics.
- Resource scarcity: Changing sources of energy, the peak of rare metals, high-tech components, patented technologies, talent and creativity.
- Human impacts: Rethinking work, education and employment, aging and healthcare, urbanization and belonging, wealth and happiness.
- Future shaping: Making sense of change and making better choices. Harnessing the value drivers and using scenario planning to shape the future you want.
Module 2: Growth Lab … Transforming markets
Markets are complex, competitive and dynamic. New markets emerge, and old markets decline, as new audiences, new aspirations and new possibilities drive new growth. Focusing on the best opportunities for growth becomes key to your future, and reimagining how your business can embrace them profitably. Digital markets have no limits, and allow even the smallest businesses to have a huge impact, while accelerating the convergence of sectors and businesses.– so what is your purpose, that will guide you through the future horizons of growth?
- Growth markets: Exploring the changing the nature of markets. Creating new spaces based on new customers and solutions, driving your growth horizons.
- Inspiring purpose: Finding your north star, why your business exists, and how putting purpose beyond profit, can transform your activities and success.
- Customer futures: Understanding the changing aspirations and behaviours of customers, with deeper insight to understand and engage them better.
- Platform markets: Harnessing the power of digital networks to create new market models that bring buyers and sellers together in new ways, creating new value.
- Growth accelerators: Consumer data, digital network, and new business models enable you to accelerate every aspect of business, and your future growth.
Module 3: Creative Lab … Innovating innovation
Disruption is everywhere, whether it’s a start-up challenging established giants, new technologies replacing inefficient processes, simplicity outperforming complexity or customers challenging businesses to do better. The impact can be dramatic. Reputations can be made and destroyed in a matter of days, while veteran companies are wiped off the map. How can you turn the tables and become the disrupter by developing insights, ideas, innovative strategies and business models that can be delivered quickly and efficiently?
- Faster innovation: Transforming ideas into new solutions, strategies into action, embracing disruptive change, to reimagine your future business.
- Creative designs: Harnessing the power of creativity, fused with deep insight, to design better solutions – products and services, experiences and business.
- Sustainable innovation: Innovating to solve the biggest social and environmental challenges, in a way that is good for the world, and more profitable too.
- Business Models: Rethinking how organisations work to deliver innovative propositions, leveraging assets and partners to create new ways of working.
- Invincible companies: Bringing together your innovation portfolio as a source of relentless progress and profitable growth for your business.
Module 4: Action Lab … energising organisations
Organisations thrive on an inspiring purpose, aligned business model, innovation inside and outside, driving change and high performance. They constantly drive change and transformation, working through projects to create seize new opportunities.People are energised by a positive culture, harnessing the best talents of man and machine, with the agility to continually adapt and respond to changing markets, develop new capabilities and partnerships, and reach new heights. How can you transform, mobilise and energise your organization with a strategy to deliver the best performance today, and create an even better future?
- Winning strategies: Defining the right direction and priorities, guided by an inspiring purpose, and harnessing the drivers of value.
- Driving change: Making better, more strategic decisions every day, turning strategy into action, guided by metrics and rewards, for transformation and performance.
- Fast and agile: Shaping organisations and processes to be agile and efficient, leveraging strengths and addressing weaknesses both internally and externally.
- Energising people: Mobilising employees to think and deliver strategy innovatively and profitably, unlocking the power of teams and humanity in a positive culture.
- Sustaining impact: Ensuring that the organisation has the capacity to renew and adapt to deliver shared value in the short and long term.
Working across all 4 modules, is this theme. The best leaders amplify the potential of their teams and their business. By developing an effective leadership style, they can inspire, engage, connect and support to drive long-term direction and meet short-term goals. Leaders of the future will drive change in a way that unlocks talent and performance, constantly reinventing organisations. How will you lead yourself, your team and your business towards a better future, one that combines purpose with passion, profit and progress? This module is interspersed across the whole program, in order to connect with the many different business topics.
- Great leaders: Business are obsessed with leadership, but how do leaders really add value, engage people effectively and deliver better results?
- Authentic organizations: From corporate to personal reputations, how do you build trust and authenticity inside and outside the business?
- Talent beacons: How to attract, engage and retain the best people in an ideas-driven world – to nurture, motivate, and inspire them to create the future.
- High performance: Improving your personal and business wellbeing to drive high performance, physically and mentally, agile and resilient, with a winning mindset.
- Leadership style: Why should you be the leader? What do you have that will take your company further? And why will anyone want to be led by you?
Participants will work on an individual, evaluated project throughout the program. This “Gamechanger Project” is designed to draw on all of the materials covered in each module and will be applied directly to the challenges and opportunities of the participants’ business. It will deliver five specific outcomes, in the form of maps, that will be of value to you and to your company. Together they form a blueprint for the future.
- Future Map: Developing a vision of the future of your industry. Define how you will shape it to your business’ advantage, to seize the best opportunities for growth.
- Market Map: Shaping your markets, how you work, and your customer propositions to engage current and future customers.
- Innovation Map: Reinventing your business model to deliver the future propositions in practical, efficient and profitable ways.
- Organisation Map: Aligning your direction and strategy, your processes and people, metrics and performance to deliver results.
- Impact Map: Defining your role in leading your company or division towards a bright, inspiring and successful future.
Progress on the project will be checked in peer to peer presentations and participants will have access to tutors to guide their work. This will be underpinned by the Leadership Development Plan which supports the individual in how they will develop themselves to deliver this effectively.
Find out more about the Global AMP at IE Business SchoolFind out more and book >