Business RE/CODED is the next book from Peter Fisk, due to be published by Wiley, in late 2020.
Business needs a new code for success.
Change is dramatic, pervasive and relentless. The challenges are numerous. The opportunities are greater.
Incredible technologies and geopolitical shifts, complex markets and stagnating growth, demanding customers and disruptive entrepreneurs, environmental crisis and social distrust, unexpected shocks and uncertain futures.
The old codes that got us here don’t work anymore. Moving forwards needs a new mindset.
“Business Recoded” is for business leaders who seek to progress in today’s rapidly changing world, and to create the organisations that will thrive in tomorrow’s world.
The book explores how to lead a better future, to reimagine your business, to reinvent markets, to energise your people. It describes how to combine profit with more purpose, intelligent technologies with creative people, radical innovation with sustainable impact.
It dives deep into the minds of some of today’s most inspiring business leaders – people like Anne Wojcicki and Jeff Bezos, Emily Weiss and Devi Shetty, Daniel Ek and Tan Le, Mary Barra and Masayoshi Son, Satya Nadella and Zhang Ruimin.
And learns from the innovative strategies of incredible companies – Alibaba and Amazon, Babylon and BlackRock, Meituan Dianping and Microsoft, Narayana Health and Netflix, Patagonia and PingAn, Spotify and Supercell, and many more.
The book is built on 7 seismic shifts driving a more enlightened future of business, unlocking 49 codes that collectively define a new DNA for organisations and their leadership.
It’s about you – realising your future potential – by developing your own codes for more enlightened progress, personal and business success.
Do you have the courage to create a better future, for you and your business?
Business needs a new code for success
- Why do we need to recode?
- What are the new codes?
- The new DNA of business
- The new DNA of leadership
- Have the courage to lead the future
- Inspiration 1: Eliud Kipchoge
- Inspiration 2: DeepMind
- Inspiration 3: Tan Le
- Inspiration 4: Satya Nadella
- Inspiration 5: Mary Barra
- Inspiration 6: Jack Ma
- Inspiration 7: JK Rowling
Part 1: Aurora … Recode your future
How will you reinvent your business for a better future?
- Code 1: Explore your future potential
- Code 2: Have a future mindset
- Code 3: Imagine a better business
- Code 4: Find your inspiring purpose
- Code 5: Create your future story
- Code 6: Deliver more positive impact
- Code 7: Be the radical optimist
- Leader 1: Anne Wojcicki, 23andMe
- Leader 2: Elon Musk, SpaceX
- Leader 3: Patrick Brown, Impossible Foods
- Leader 4: Larry Fink, BlackRock
- Leader 5: Yves Chouinard, Patagonia
Part 2: Komorebi … Recode your growth
Where are the best opportunities to grow further and faster?
- Code 8: Ride with the megatrends
- Code 9: Find new sources of growth
- Code 10: Embrace the Asian century
- Code 11: Harness technology and humanity
- Code 12: Start from the future back
- Code 13: Accelerate through networks
- Code 14: Build a growth portfolio
- Leader 6: Masayoshi Son, Softbank
- Leader 7: Emily Weiss, Glossier
- Leader 8: Wang Xing, Meituan Dianping
- Leader 9: Danae Ringelmann, Indiegogo
- Leader 10: Mukesh Ambani, Reliance
Part 3: Transcendent … Recode your market
How will you reshape your market to your advantage?
- Code 15: Explore the market matrix
- Code 16: Disrupt the disruptors
- Code 17: Capture the customer agenda
- Code 18: Create new market spaces
- Code 19: Build trust with authenticity
- Code 20: Develop brands with purpose
- Code 21: Enable people to achieve more
- Leader 11: Bernard Arnault, LVMH
- Leader 12: Maria Raga, Depop
- Leader 13: Ali Parsa, Babylon Health
- Leader 14: Hooi Ling Tan, Grab
- Leader 15: Mikkel Bjergso, Mikkeller
Part 4: Ingenuity … Recode your innovation
What does it take to drive more radical innovation?
- Code 22: Be ingenious
- Code 23: Search for better ideas
- Code 24: Embrace a designer mindset
- Code 25: Create unusual connections
- Code 26: Develop new business models
- Code 27: Experiment with speed and agility
- Code 28: Dream crazy
- Leader 16: Rene Renzepi, Noma
- Leader 17: James Watt, BrewDog
- Leader 18: Jensen Huang, Nvidia
- Leader 19: Devi Shetty, Narayana Health
- Leader 20: Katrina Lake, Stitch Fix
Part 5: Ubuntu … Recode your organisation
How can people achieve more together?
- Code 29: Build a butterfly ecosystem
- Code 30: Work as a living organisation
- Code 31: Collaborate in fast projects
- Code 32: Do human, inspiring work
- Code 33: Align individuals and organisations
- Code 34: Create energy and rhythm
- Code 35: Be an extreme team
- Leader 21: Reed Hastings, Netflix
- Leader 22: Zhang Ruimin, Haier
- Leader 23: Cristina Junqueira, Nubank
- Leader 24: Jos de Blok, Buurtzorg
- Leader 25: Ari Weinzweig, Zingerman’s
Part 6: Syzygy … Recode your transformation
What does it take to transform your business effectively?
- Code 36: Transform your business
- Code 37: Exploit the core, explore the edge
- Code 38: Start outside in, and inside out
- Code 39: Engage people in change
- Code 40: Build rocket ships to the future
- Code 41: Create a circular ecosystem
- Code 42: Have the strategic agility to never stop
- Leader 26: Jeff Bezos, Amazon
- Leader 27: Bob Iger, Disney
- Leader 28: Jessica Tan, Ping An
- Leader 29: Piyush Gupta, DBS
- Leader 30: Javier Goyeneche, Ecoalf
Part 7: Awestruck … Recode your leadership
Do you have the courage to create a better future?
- Code 43: Step up to lead the future
- Code 44: Have the courage to do more
- Code 45: Develop your own leadership style
- Code 46: Achieve your peak performance
- Code 47: Stay resilient, stay strong
- Code 48: Create a better legacy
- Code 49: Be extraordinary
- Leader 31: Jim Snabe, Maersk
- Leader 32: Daniel Ek, Spotify
- Leader 33: Hamdi Ulukaya, Chobani
- Leader 34: Zhang Xin, Soho China
- Leader 35: Ilkka Paananen, Supercell
© Peter Fisk 2020
“Business Recoded” by Peter Fisk will be published in October 2020.