XL … Empower: How to co-create the future
Empower is a call-to-action for humanity to work together and co-create the future, demonstrating that collaboration and sharing, community building and value creation, are not only the right thing to do, but best practices for business, society, and culture. It is a call to join the Collaborative and Sharing Economy Movement that will transform and reshape the global economy.
Explore crowd companies like Airbnb, Lyft and Uber; on-demand work, automation, and the gig economy; bitcoin, decentralized organizations and the blockchain; and the rise of AI, drones, self-driving vehicles, and robots. Learn from the visionary entrepreneurs, bestselling authors, and inspirational leaders at the forefront of innovation and social change:
PART I – COLLABORATIVE LEADERSHIP
- Giving and Originality – Adam Grant, Wharton, Author Give and Take, Originals
- Peers Inc. – Robin Chase, Co-Founder Zipcar, Author Peers Inc.
- #GiveFirst – Brad Feld, Co-Founder Techstars, Foundry Group
- Communities and Movements – Douglas Atkin, Global Head of Community, Airbnb
PART II – THE POWER OF SHARING
- Sharing Communities – Neal Gorenflo, Co-Founder, Shareable
- Love is the Answer – Prince EA, YouTube Megastar and Inspirational Content Creator
- Collaborative Society – Antonin Léonard, Co-Founder, OuiShare
- It’s a Shareable Life – Chelsea Rustrum, Author It’s a Shareable Life
PART III – COMPANIES AND THE CROWD
- Smartcuts – Shane Snow, Co-Founder Contently, Author Smartcuts
- Purpose – Michael Bronner, Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Digitas
- Arenas Not Markets – Rita Gunther McGrath, Author The End of Competitive Advantage
- Better Brand Values – Alex Bogusky, Creative Director of the Decade 2000 – 2010
PART IV – THE ECONOMY OF THE FUTURE
- The Sharing Econmy – Arun Sundararajan, NYU Stern, Author Sharing Economy
- The Growth Trap – Douglas Rushkoff, Author Throwing Rocks at the Google Bus
- The Future of Employment – Martin Ford, Author The Rise of the Robots
- Connectography – Parag Khanna, Global Strategist, Author Connectography
Extensively researched and written by David Passiak, author of Disruption Revolution and Red Bull to Buddha, Empower aims to start a global conversation about our future. A former religion scholar and expert at building movements, Passiak presents a vision for how humanity can transcend differences through collaboration and sharing between companies and startups, nonprofits and governments.
This is an important and timely book. Join the conversation and let’s co-create the future!